I have a phone photo of the blanket, I hope I get one of it in action soon. I waffled on the color choice, should I leave out the orange? Leave out the yellow? I went with Robin’s suggestion of wider blue, left in both the yellow and orange. I altered the stitch pattern, putting in knit in the front and back increases instead of yarnovers. Since a little bit of yellow seems to go a long way, I put a stripe of yellow in at each end, so bright but not overwhelming. Here’s the final product:
In case you forgot how ugly the original was:
I was worried about the stitch pattern pulling in too much, even with the garter stitch stripes, but that is the beauty of slippery superwash wool – the photo is machine washed and dried, so I know that it will be ok when a non-knitting parent throws it in the laundry.
Yarn is Cascade 128 Superwash, two skeins of the blue, one of each of the other colors, with enough leftover to make a 70’s style baby sweater. Not going to happen, really. Maybe a hat.